Here is a a special article by Simply Naturals:
It’s alarming how many dog and cat owners believe their sick pets may be perfectly fine. The problem is that so many of the more common signs of ill health are now so widespread that many view them as a ‘natural’ part of the animal’s life, just like a dog wagging its tail.
Dogs: Common signs of ill health that are often overlooked:
- Loss of appetite
- Increased appetite
- Changes in urination
- Hair Loss
- Ear discharge
- Weight changes
- Increased drinking
- Bad breath
- Continued vomiting
- Skin irritation
- Discharge from eyes/ears
It goes without saying, that if we feel there is an issue with our pet, the first thing we do is take them to the vet to seek professional advice. However, we should always be mindful of their diet along with the benefits of supplementation especially where an average pet food diet is being given.
Supplements for pets (especially dogs) and also be a minefield; it saddens us to say that many companies put ‘profit before pets’ and use cheap fillers, artificial colours and flavourings just to tempt your pet to consume them. A common example is wheat being used as a cheap filler; many manufacturers will note this on the label as cereals, grains or ‘even derivatives of vegetable origin’ – shocking!
For cats, one of the alarming ‘nutrients’ which is added to virtually all canned and dried cat foods is phosphorus; in large quantities (and as it will not be plant-based like ours) it can lead to kidney disease which is an ever-growing problem today (a sure sign is the cat drinking more) so pet food which is low in added phosphorus is a good thing.
The keys to pet nutrition
- Proteins: Proteins are complex molecules made up of amino acids, the building blocks of cell growth, maintenance and repair. In companion animals like dogs, one of the biggest demands for protein comes from the maintenance of fur and hair, which can use up to 30 percent of a dog’s daily protein intake.
- Fats: Fats (notably Omega 3 & 6) are often overlooked and provide the most concentrated source of energy in the diet. They also supply the fatty acids that are important building blocks for important substances and essential in maintaining normal, healthy cells
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates can be broken down by the digestive system and converted to glucose which can also be a source of energy. Carbohydrates in the form of whole grains can furnish iron, minerals and fibre, as well as other beneficial nutrients
- Vitamins: Vitamins (avoid synthetic or derivatives), are required for normal body functioning. They are also important in the conversion of calories to energy, the boosting of immunity and other body processes
- Minerals: Minerals are essential in supporting many important functions, such as growth, strong bones, healthy teeth and strengthening the immune system.
Show Your Furry Friends, You Love Them 😊
Development of our ‘Pet Life Complete’ started by incorporating a tried & tested, award-winning formula and adding some additional all-natural nutrients as well as the same 100% natural, plant source minerals we supply for our human clients; the result is the ultimate nutrition supplement for cats and dogs which aims to provide all of the hard to find and missing nutrients as noted in this article.
Feedback has been exceptional and in some cases, customers have been emotionally overwhelmed with the benefits they now see their pet enjoying.
“One tub will last approximately three months for a small dog or cat”