What better snack than these delectable cashews which are said by naturopaths to be as anti-depressant as a dose of Prozac, without the side effects? A gorgeous snack, or chopped and added to a crisp green salad. One of my favourites! Great to nibble on car journeys!
- 6 cups of cashews
- soaked 1-2 hours, drained, dehydrated for 48 hours
- 2 tablespoons of agave vegan syrup
- A quarter cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne powder
- One and a half teaspoons of Himalayan rock salt
In a large bowl, coat the dehydrated nuts with agave and maple syrup
Add curry, cayenne and salt
Mix until well coated
Spread on the screens and dehydrate for two days.
Transfer the nuts to a large bowl, and separate by hand
Return to the dehydrator screen and dehydrate for two more days